Reliv Products FAQ
1. Does Reliv cure any cancer, diseases or other illnesses?
No. Reliv products are intended to provide balanced nutrition for a healthier lifestyle and overall wellbeing. Reliv products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Although many individuals have seen improvements in their health when consuming these products, individual results will vary. We feel that optimal nutrition is beneficial to all.
2. Can I take Reliv if I have a medical condition?
Anyone with a medical condition should always seek the advice of a medical professional before beginning a nutritional program. It’s also a good idea for anyone under a doctor’s care to have his/her physician evaluate Reliv products to ensure the products conform to any current dietary program.
3. I am allergic to certain foods. Can I still take Reliv?
Before starting on any nutritional program, you should read the label to find out if there are any ingredients to which you are allergic. If you are unsure if you should consume Reliv products, you should contact your physician.
4. Why do Reliv products contain soy?
Studies continue to illustrate the many benefits of soy as a superfood:
- A study shows that consumption of a wide variety of soy products is associated with reducing the risk of developing the lung disease COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and other respiratory symptoms. The flavonoids in soy foods may act as an anti-inflammatory agent in the lung.
- Soy isoflavones can lower diabetes and heart disease risk. Eating soy foods has been shown to lower cholesterol, decrease blood glucose levels and improve glucose tolerance in people with diabetes.
- In postmenopausal women, the phytoestrogens in soy may slow bone loss. In addition, many soy foods are high in calcium and contain magnesium and boron, which work together with calcium for better bone health.
- New studies show that soy may help reduce cancer risk — including breast cancer risk in premenopausal women.
- Soy also helps improve mood, memory and other mental functions in women and men.
To learn more about soy, please click here.
5. What is LunaRich™?
LunaRich is a Reliv-exclusive non-GMO soy powder that delivers 5-10 times more of soy's key bioactive component than ordinary soy powders. Learn more about LunaRich soy powder.
6. Can I take Reliv while I am pregnant or nursing?
We have testimonials from many women who have consumed Reliv’s essential nutritional products before, during and after their pregnancies with excellent results. In fact, most report easier pregnancies and faster recovery while getting balanced nutrition from the products. However, you should show the products to your physician for approval before starting a Reliv regimen during pregnancy.
7. I eat healthy foods. Why should I supplement?
Unfortunately, even if you’re eating right, you’re still probably not getting enough vitamins and nutrients from your diet for optimum health. Many of today’s foods don’t pack the nutritional punch they did years ago. According to a report published in the Journal of HortScience, the average vegetable found in today’s supermarket is anywhere from 5% to 40% lower in minerals (including magnesium, iron, calcium and zinc) than those harvested just 50 years ago.
The decline is attributed to modern crops being harvested faster, giving them less time to absorb nutrients, and the use of fertilizers that may interfere with a plant’s ability to take up nutrients. That’s why nutritional supplements are so essential to maintaining health and vitality. In 2002, the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) began advising all adults to take multivitamins to help prevent such common chronic illnesses as cancer, heart disease and osteoporosis.
“Most people do not consume an optimal amount of all vitamins by diet alone. It appears prudent for all adults to take vitamin supplements,” according to the statement in JAMA. Physicians are paying attention. Did you know that 72 percent of physicians personally use dietary supplements?
Obviously, supplementing is an ideal road map for health. (Source: Click here.)
Reliv nutritional supplements are not considered a food item, nor should Reliv nutritional supplements be consumed instead of food. Reliv nutritional supplements are meant to enhance one’s overall wellbeing by providing optimal levels of nutrition in addition to the foods they eat.
8. How can I find out nutritional information about individual Reliv products?
The nutritional panel of each and every Reliv nutritional product is available online at www.reliv.com. Simply choose your country and then click on “The Products” to view a benefit sheet, ingredient list and any patents for individual products.
9. What is the shelf life of Reliv powdered nutritional products?
After the products are opened, they are effective for up to 6 months if stored with the lid on in a cool, dry place. However if not stored under these conditions the product will deteriorate more quickly.
For unopened cans, the Reliv products hold a 24 month shelf life. A “best before” date is printed on the bottom of each can.
10. Are Reliv products vegetarian, kosher or lactose-free?
Reliv Now® and Reliv Classic® are both vegetarian, certified Kosher and Halal, ideal for those with lactose intolerance, and contain no animal compounds, artificial preservatives or trans fat. For a list of ingredients in all Reliv products, visit www.reliv.com and visit the individual product listings.
11. Are Reliv products patented?
GlucAffect®, Arthaffect®, ReversAge®, FibRestore® and ProVantage® are currently under U.S. patents. The patent for Reliv Classic® issued in 1988 has since expired, as has the Innergize!® patent issued in 1994. In order for an invention to be patented, the U.S. patent laws provide that it must (A) have utility and (B) be novel and non-obvious over the prior art. The U.S. Patent Office substantively examines patent applications to ensure that patents are issued only for inventions that satisfy these legal criteria.
12. Why does it say “proprietary blend” on the supplements facts section of my Reliv product label?
The term “proprietary blend” refers to our secret recipe of optimum ingredients. Dr. Theodore Kalogris and Dr. Carl Hastings spent years perfecting optimal mixtures of ingredients in Reliv products. These mixtures are what make our products effective. The mixtures make our products unique, so we call them proprietary.
13. Does Reliv source soy or any other ingredients from Monsanto?
No. Reliv has never done any business with Monsanto.
14. My question wasn’t answered here. How can I find an answer?
For questions about Reliv products or ingredients, please email email@example.com.